Tuesday, September 29, 2009

There is a pattern underneath...

Actually...

I had an e-mail exchange early this summer about order in the world... and whether there is any natural order to the world or we create it. I think a lot of it is language - if finding it helps you, awesome, if creating it helps you, beautiful. Both are means to the eventual end of moving your life and the world forward. As long as it's active, I'm happy.

But... no, now I disagree. You can create order, definitely, I think it's vital to do so, but I do believe that there is order to find in the world. Not predestination or anything like that, but too much has hit me in the face lately for me to deny what runs underneath. Like how sainthood, as I read it, involves suffering, be it internal or external, as a way to draw close to God. It is a fatigue that causes you to reach for what you truly need. And how Fitzmaurice Destructuring voice work is about fatiguing the body so that the autonomic nervous system takes over and gets the released breath that it needs. I fully admit that finding that connection is specifically me... but God knows me and my thoughts and how to reach me. I am fascinated, moved, and feel an overwhelming sensation of being meant to study this. I believe in that order and I will follow it.

The plan is to become a Voice and Speech monk. Sounds good to me.

I'm currently helping my friend cobble together a cheap sound system. Is it summer yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment