Thursday, September 24, 2009

Down with the sickness

I'm sick.

...sigh.

No, it's not swine flu. I'm not sure what it is, some awful sinus-y/migraine/vomiting thing, but I haven't had a fever, so no swine flu here. No need for me to go up on the plague list. (There actually is a plague list at my studio.) I should have left studio early yesterday, having expended all the energy I had during Collab, my second class of the day, but I (stupidly) pressed on because I like my classes. I was supposed to be at a rehearsal last night from 9 to midnight. No way. I took a cab home and (mostly) slept from about 6pm to 6am. I'm feeling significantly better today. My stomach is still wonky because I need to reintroduce food, as I couldn't eat yesterday, but the sinuses are clearing and the headache is minimal. I'm not going to my classes today, even though I love them, so I can stay here and get better and go to my callbacks tonight. I really hope that I'll be well enough to go to Directing Laboratory on Friday, which does require pretty much full health and I DO NOT WANT TO MISS THAT CLASS EVER (especially as it's only an 8 week class). I'm staying optimistic.

And in this optimism I am shamelessly asking for prayers/good thoughts/positive energy to help me get through this. They are much appreciated.

I would also like to note that this time it is not my fault. Unlike the time I got sick last semester, I have been getting at least 6 hours of sleep every night, usually 8, have been eating and keeping myself hydrated. It's frustrating getting sick when I know that I've been doing it right this time. Grumble.

However, I woke up this morning and there was Gatorade for me in the fridge. I have the best roommate ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment