Tonight, I had an experience that initially scared me, embarrassed me, and made me feel enormously awkward. Not from anything I did, nothing that was "my fault" or whatever, but simply because I am terrified of new situations, and when things initially faltered, I retreated into these habitual feelings that really don't help anything at all. However, the initially sticky situation cleaned up into an experience that blew my head open, in the best of all possible ways. Everything I thought was wrong completely flipped, and saw that it was actually leading towards something beautiful. I can't explain it in specifics (Gillian says she has the boy drama, and I have the celebrity drama, which is true in its way), but it was a humble reminder to me to skip the awkwardness, which is all in my head anyway, and look towards beauty. I don't need to stress myself out like that.
I have a lot of experiences, like this one, where I like to stop and think, "If you'd've told me three years ago that this would happen, I would've laughed in your face." I love that about life.
I am surrounded by beautiful people who teach me how to be a far better person than I am. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment