Then I thought, "But I'm not mixing sound for God, so..." and let that confusion sit.
Today I learned: It is the people who are most aggressive, angry, and mean to you who are the ones who need your care desperately. (also, probably the ones who seem indifferent.)
It's not about getting the perfect mix. It's about caring for people, always, all the time, generously. Absorbing their anger when they need to unload it, sure. It's not about losing your dignity (in fact, you really can't in those situations), it's about caring for the other person more than caring for your own bruised ego.
Delightful conversation about care, generosity, and selfishness in third year Design today. I'm not technically in this class, but I show up anyway, and I think any sane person (which I clearly am not) would have not gone to that class today if they had the amount of work I have. But when the, "you're too busy to go to that class" voice spoke to me, it was immediately drowned out by the "I'm too stressed out to NOT go to that class" voice. And it definitely helped get me back on my feet.
My heart is full. You continue to help me mature.
ReplyDeleteI miss our conversations my friend, because reading this really helped me just now. Especially this line **"It's not about losing your dignity (in fact, you really can't in those situations), it's about caring for the other person more than caring for your own bruised ego."** because though it really makes me want to punch something, I know it's right. sigh. thanks for sharing that wisdom my dear. may have to quote you on it in the near future.
ReplyDelete