
THAT is not snow, ladies and gentlemen.
Oh, fine, yes, technically it is snow. But just because snow has made its rare appearance in your lives does not mean the schools should get a 2 hour delay.
A 2 hour delay. I kid you not.
For that.
Nat (shakey old lady voice): In my day they never closed school for dustin's-a-snow like that! When I went to college in New York City, we'd get feet-a snow and nary a class canceled...
Colleen: Nat?!
Nat: ...and we'd hafta walk to school, uphill both ways, across the Brooklyn Bridge, in the snow...
Colleen: NAT!
Nat: ...yes?
Colleen: What're you doing here?
Nat: I miss Tongues!
Colleen: Well, I miss Tongues, too. But you don't see Stanley or Larry hanging around like this, do you?
Stanley: YO!
Larry: ....hi.
Josh: Heeeeeelloooo.
(a faint sound of marbles is heard in the vaguely upstage left background)
Colleen: Heeeeeey guys. What's going on?
A chorus of various voices: (chanting) WE MISS TONGUES. WE MISS TONGUES.
(sound of marbles grows louder)
Colleen: Okay... uhm... this isn't funny anymore. Guys! GUYS!
Chorus: WE MISS TONGUES. WE MISS TONGUES.
Colleen: ...wait... are those marbles?! NO, NO, NOT THE THE MARBLES, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
(a cacophanous crash. Then silence.)
Nat: Wheeeen you diiiiiieee, you diiie forevaaaaaaaaa!
[This is a clear indication that Colleen needs to leave the house. Luckily, she WILL be leaving the house today. Twice, even.]
[Also, this post is lovingly dedicated to Lindsay, Molly, and Will, whom she used to see every day and now sees never. It's a problem.]
I always thought you should write.
ReplyDeletewait
.