Sunday, January 10, 2010

There's no song for this one.

I have spent the day, unfortunately, reading comments on the RTD article. I would like to take the liberty to repost one of them. When I first read this comment, I thought it was posted in sarcasm or jest. Reading subsequent comments, I realized it was posted in all seriousness.

Ending CPS participation the Governor’s School is a good start, but here is a short list of some other expenditures that CPS can eliminate immediately:

1. All English as Second Language (ESL) instruction

2. Individual “aides” for students with disabilities who accompany a single student for the entire day

3.Chorus

4. Art

5. Theater

6. Teaching Chinese (or any other language other than English) in elementary schools

7. Breakfast programs

Once you break out the red pen and start eliminating the non-essentials, its really not that hard to detrmine what can be cut.


The real support this comment gathered was terrifying.

I think I will print this out, and post it somewhere prominent in my room or carry it around with me next semester. It is a visceral reminder of what we are still fighting and why I do what I do. Thank you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment