Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's you.

"I have learned that neither kindness nor cruelty by themselves, independent of each other, creates any effect beyond themselves; and I have learned that the two combined, together, at the same time, are the teaching emotion."

"We neither love nor hurt because we do not try to reach each other."

--Edward Albee, The Zoo Story

Posting these because I think they're extremely relevant and I don't know why. Well, I don't know the first one yet. The second one I get. The first one I don't, but I do. I absolutely understand it in a way I can't intellectualize. I think it's important. I think it's extremely important.

I feel like my main work right now is trying to figure things out. Like I am on some theological mission to figure out the places of puzzle pieces. I'm encountering things in the broadest sense, much less for the minutiae of daily life and more for the cosmic significance they hold, like I am weaving together my personal mythology. There is nothing that is irrelevant, because God is in all things. It's what all my thought is bent on.

No comments:

Post a Comment