...the happiest.
First day of studio. Three hours of auditions for the musical I'm dramaturging afterward. (Useful for me in many ways; "I don't think she's right for this show... BUT she might make an excellent Pierrette for mine!") More play-reading afterward. Everyone's attempting to get their teams together, and thus it's the crazy season of people-approaching-people. PHTS kids are very difficult to say "No" to because they're so GOOD at seducing you into their project. (The passionately talking about the piece, and why they need YOU and YOUR EXPERTISE.) I might be working on six shows again, thanks to a dramaturgy request that completely surprised me (someone who I didn't think would ever approach me to work on his show). Six is my limit. I swear. I will not go over six shows. I will not go over six shows. I will not go over six shows. (I did six for the past two semesters, so maybe I will simply always be at that number.) We'll see how the Production Calendar shakes out. I did most of my designer-seducing last semester.
Today was being back in that building, surrounded by the best people. No, really. Simply the best people. Inspiring. Stunning. Terrifying. Dizzying. Surprising. Thrilling. Overwhelming. All in the best of all possible ways.
I will now go swoon, pass out on my bed, and dream about dancing on the moon.
No comments:
Post a Comment