Then I was on my way to the dentist, which I was not looking forward to, as much as I do love and respect everyone at my dentist's office. (No really, they're extraordinary people.) But as there is still some swelling and pain in my masseter muscle, I wasn't particularly looking forward to keeping my mouth open for the time required for a cleaning.
But then I got an email, and I can very happily say:
I am directing The Maker of Dreams by Oliphant Down next semester.
(yes, Oliphant.)
So now everything is preproduction work. Start some composing. Pull out the commedia books that I brought home but haven't looked at for fear of unapproved heartbreak. Hunt for images hunt for images hunt for images. (Emily's mother gave me an alphabet book for Christmas and when I looked at it I was like, "This is SO Maker of Dreams.") Go to ARGS tomorrow and squeal over it with Becker, the only other person in the world who knows this play.

And back to New York on Thursday. Mmm... back to real winter. My favorite.
Pierrot: I can't sing when it's cold.
Pierrette: Ah, you're like the kettle. He can't sing when it's cold, either.
--The Maker of Dreams. Whee!
O come on! It was 12 degrees here this morning. I consider that real winter.
ReplyDelete