Exhausting: The AV vs. Aud Olympics. It's like... five minutes of pure energy that I put so much into. I'm absolutely beat by the end of it.
Even more exhausting: Climbing Lookout Mountain. This is one of the easier trails. I climbed it on Sunday, and I'm officially going to the gym next semester. Asthma does not help.
Ridiculous: I am finding impulse images/videos for my Summer Staff Talent Show song. Also ridiculous but slightly expected is that I'm behind on it (duh). Luckily, I know my process well enough to know that I will be ready. (This is the same thing that happened with my creating original work (COW) piece last year.)
Disconcerting: That most people leave on the 9th. I leave on the 12th, but only me and Russ (and our co-directors) are staying out of all AV crew. Most of AV and Aud will be gone, all of clubs staff, most of conference support... most of everyone, really. They're consolidating us all into one lodge.
Joyous: That Russ is staying! Russ is probably the first theatre major directing focus person I've met who's not in PHTS, and we're delightful.
Exciting: More class information is supposedly going to be available from PHTS soon.
Delightful: Movie marathons that consist of Sweeney Todd, Candide, and The Devil Wears Prada.
The quickest way to my heart: Randomly turn to me, excited, and say, "Let's watch Sweeney Todd tonight!" (thank you Russ)
Surprising: A random childcare person on summer staff coming in while we're watching Candide and saying, "OH MY GOD I LOVE CANDIDE! The auto-de-fe song is the best!"
Absolutely THRILLING: The fact that my dear friend Emily is coming with my parents to pick me up on the 11th. Emily would get calls from me when I was at Lake Junaluska in high school, and I remember telling her, "I would love for you to come here and see this, because it's a huge part of me." And now she is! We'll stop by Lake J before we leave.
Distressing: IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN FIND CHEERWINE IN NEW YORK CITY?!
Useful: Gaff tape can be effectively used as a bandaid.
People to love: Everyone.
Burning, urgent life question: Why and how is the macarena still popular?
(and that's a cord wrap!)
I love that you're searching for Cheerwine! There's hope for your search, though. I found a couple of grocery stores in Atlanta that carried it, so it's beginning to extend beyond the Carolinas.
ReplyDelete1.) My presence is thrilling, that makes me smile.
ReplyDelete2.) That picture is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.beverageworld.com/content/view/34451