In the last few days I have learned a lot of things. They've been jam-packed both literally and emotionally.
Thursday: Competition can very easily turn into two people with similar interests learning from each other, if you navigate it well.
Friday: I had a very long conversation with a good friend of mine stretching quite late into the night/early in the morning, during which we passionately debated pretty much everything to be debated and traveled through nearly the entire spectrum of human emotion. The tidbit from this conversation I'll share here was:
Her: You can't love everyone, even if you say it's your job.
Me: Yes, but I can't be okay with NOT loving someone. I can't say, "Oh, I don't love them, that's fine."
Her: But still. You're not Jesus.
Me: But we're all called to be Christ to the world!
Her: Colleen, if you die for my sins, I will RESURRECT you just to kill you myself. MY SINS ARE MY OWN. YES, I'M QUOTING PATTI SMITH AT YOU!
I was thinking about this, the "my sins are my own" vs. "my sins are God's" and what I think it actually is is, "our sins are each other's". We are responsible for each other, for each other's wellbeing, for each other's development, for each other's lives. What Christ left for us, the Holy Spirit coming down during Pentecost, was, "Okay, you have to do this for each other, now. Love each other as I have loved you."
Saturday: Sometimes, being around people without any agenda except hanging out and being together is just as restful as sleep. (this is not to dismiss the importance of sleep, which I am well aware of. but I'm not used to being social.)
Sunday: Just take the scary first step, already. You'll be happier for it. (I will expand on this later. Sunday was thrilling.)
Monday: It's possible to make time for things you think you're too busy for if you care about them.
Last night I got 8 hours of sleep. It was awesome. 4 of my 10 shows are done (I was pretending it was 9, but really, it's 10.) After this week, 6 out of 10 will be done. Phew.
No comments:
Post a Comment