Oh wait, I learned that a long time ago. I learned that during the first conference I worked at Montreat back in 2009 when I came to understand the Doctrine of Divine Sovereignty.
I learn that all the time.
But here's the thing about knowledge: you are never done with it. It is never, "Oh, I've got it, let's move forward." Not once you get past memorizing times tables. It is moments of clarity, bursts of understanding, that we then complicate and dance with and lose and regain and then burst again. We are never done with it. Our relationship to everything we've learned changes with each new experience, so we will learn the same things over and over and over again in new lights with the same joy of discovery.
The truth of that is both encouraging and discouraging. Encouraging because learning and understanding anew is empowering. Discouraging because some lessons I would really like to get to be a part of my normal functioning and not have the disheartening experiences again that led to the learning in the first place.
ReplyDelete