Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's been one week!

oof, I'm behind.

Tech. But I am approaching my last PHTS tech week of the semester, and this last one should be easier. This week is a bit trying. I've been in tech for the past... 5 weeks, really. I'm getting a bit tired.

SO.

Wednesday I learned: For a good time, approach the next piece of art you encounter as a conversation between you and that work.

Thursday I learned: JUST ASK. If you don't ask, people will think you know, and then it gets awkward for everyone if you've been pretending to know but, when the information becomes necessary, you don't. (this is rather huge for me, as I'm so often scared to ask questions.)

Friday I learned: Not knowing can be terribly exciting.

Saturday I learned: Half an hour spent outside doing nothing in a park makes the next 3 hours of work much more productive.

Sunday I learned: It's a joy to be able to help others. To be qualified to help others, to be equipped to help others.

Monday I learned: Sometimes releasing your feelings (particularly anxieties and stresses) to another person who wants to be there for you is actually extremely helpful.

Tuesday I learned: Similarly: we don't have to carry everything ourselves.

Wednesday I learned: It is vital to know what you can and cannot do at a certain point. (I think of this in contexts of productions, but it's relevant for the larger sense too.) You pick your battles, and you fight them hard, and if they're easily won you pick more. But if you try to fight everything, you will win nothing.


I have 3 major posts to make. Soon. Wrapping up techs, figuring out post-college life (putting down a deposit for an apartment today, hoping all goes well--trying to rent an apartment as a graduating freelancer is a headache).

No comments:

Post a Comment