Most of you know how much I hate driving. HATE. DRIVING. My first time driving alone was... oh, a few weeks ago after I got back from school in May. While I did drive to Swift Creek Mill and back with only my best friend in the car (as navigator... because I cannot navigate in the suburbs), and drove halfway down to Montreat... I'm not exactly jumping to get behind the wheel. (Unless it means I get to blast musicals and belt along loudly.)
Today. Me. Driving the A/V van (which is this really old van with two gas tanks where you can't even shift the seat closer - luckily it's automatic). Pulled into a parallel parking spot with no one behind me. Worked sound in Convocation hall. Came outside after the worship service (which bravely dealt with the blood imagery that many Christians are uncomfortable with) - two cars had pulled in behind me.
So now I'm parallel parked. On a mountain. In an old van I barely know how to drive.
I got out of the parking spot pretty well, actually. Some conferees gave me funny looks for the 4 point turn I had to do to turn around. But no one died, and that is a miracle indeed.
Now I'm off to the bookstore. While I've been getting into the habit of reading the Bible twice a day, I still feel a bit disconnected, because my prayer life is lacking. So I'm working on setting up a ritual of prayers to help keep me engaging that conversation, and I know I want to include some liturgy (because when do I not?), so I think I'm going to pick up a copy of the Book of Common Prayer. It's online, but I'd like to have a physical copy as well.
ETA: The bookstore doesn't have the Book of Common Prayer. How very one-denominational of them. So I picked up a book of Celtic prayer I'm pretty excited about.
Also, last night was the Youth conference's communion service and they sent up communion to us in the booth. Can't say I've ever taken communion with a headset on before. A very Christian gesture, though. Usually the tech people are forgotten. I've been included in the passing of the peace when working in smaller spaces, but communion was absolutely a surprise.
Well, you beat me to it: I've never had communion while wearing headphones.
ReplyDelete