That means... tonight is the first AV/Aud Olympics.
We filmed the video yesterday. The video involved West Side Story, Rachel and I taking the unportable portable into the men's bathroom, and a neon green body sock.
While waiting to get into dinner at Assembly, I saw a small girl on the computer in the lobby. She was enthusiastically Google-searching Sweeney Todd. A few minutes into her search, she found an article analyzing the musical... an article I know very well, as it was the first article I found when I started Google-searching Sweeney Todd back when I was twelve. (I printed that article, highlighted it, underlined it, wrote notes in the margins, and it currently lives in my five pound Sweeney Todd binder. I wanted to say something to her, but I thought that might be a little creepy. (I did, however, mention to the people I was there with that one of the only songs I can play on the piano is the accompaniment to "The Ballad of Sweeney Todd", as it came up in conversation. She turned at that.) It was a slightly surreal and lovely moment of my life.

Lauren also thinks lots of things are "creepy". I would think she would be delighted to find that a staff college kid had a passion for Sweeney Todd.
ReplyDelete