The real reason people want to be in my cast:


Pictured:
Shells in vegetarian sauce
Zucchini sauteed with thyme
GIANT POT OF CHICKEN 'N' DUMPLIN'S
Tomatoes with mozzarella (appetizer--yup, I did an APPETIZER)*
Not pictured:
Baguette sliced and buttered and then put in the oven to heat**
Snickerdoodles
Various hot teas
First rehearsal/readthrough of Maker of Dreams tonight, where I invited my lovely cast over for dinner. It's a good group.
Posting this blog is dangerous because my parents will now INSIST that I cook for them when I'm back on breaks. But it deserves to be noted--it was good. Lindsay noted that the snickerdoodles have become my specialty... which is true. There were none left by the end of the night.
I am hugely grateful for the effectiveness of soaking pots and pans in warm, soapy water. It's the little things.
*shamelessly stolen from Gillian
**shamelessly stolen from Stephanie
Oh, yes! I'm salivating now...can't wait to have the new cook home.
ReplyDeleteIt DOES look good.
ReplyDeleteThis is going to get around. Soon, when people are are auditioning, they'll be asking, "Do you cook the cast dinner?"
BTW, you did'nt credit the Chicken 'n' Dumplin's recipe to your country cookin' father...
ReplyDeleteps. I have a wonderful recipe for Filet Mignon aux Oignons & Gratin Dauphinois
If you want to escape cooking for your parents, you can always come cook for me when you're in town! Seriously, though, it looks excellent.
ReplyDelete