Thursday, December 17, 2009

'Tis the Season

I'm rather exhausted. The semester is slowly drawing to a close and it is becoming more and more difficult to articulate. So, bullet points!
  • Gillian, my roommate, who really appreciates that that is how she's referred to in my blog, is not going to be my roommate next semester because she's going to England. She's packing up and moving out and it's rather upsetting. Stephanie, another 3rd year at PHTS, is moving in next semester since her roommate is also going abroad. Stephanie and I are probably the oddest, most random pair of people to be roommates, ever. It'll be interesting. She brought in a knife set, so I think that's a good start.
  • I'm in the stage where I'm having tons of meetings with teachers about my show. My post-mortem, the major scheduled-by-the-school teacher meeting is tomorrow, and I've been meeting (and will continue to be meeting) with a lot of teachers outside of this. The obvious reason is to get feedback that will help me articulate goals for myself as I move into my next project. The much less obvious reason is so that I can learn how to get the feedback that helps me, so I can learn what questions to ask. Phenomenal meeting today on that front - she gave me feedback that was not only really useful, but I could see WHY it was really useful. I am blessed to be around generous, smart people.
  • I'm also scheduling meetings with people in VA. You think I'd talk to people about hanging out, but no. I'm scheduling meetings.
  • Remember that time I said I'd never work on six shows in one semester again? Yeah. I did six this semester again. I think I handled it better this time, though.
  • I went through 36 cans of Cheerwine this semester.
  • People in Virginia: I am getting on a train at 3am on December 24th, so the first time you'll see me is around Bon Air on Christmas Eve. I might be slightly dead because I will have gotten only train-sleep because I'll have to spend the rest of the day baking. I am then getting my wisdom teeth removed on December 28th. I may be going down to South Carolina, I may be stopping by Montreat, and I have no idea when I'm going back to New York, yet. If you want to visit me when I'm hyped up on drugs, I'm sure I'll be amusing.
  • Today was the Holiday Party at PHTS. Every year we host a holiday party for homeless children. We went all out on the decorations this year. The day's always a blast and feels great and is a reminder of, again, how much love there is in that building.
(that normally says "Do the 'quiet in the halls' thing." Barbara and I had that idea at the same time.)
  • I'm nearly to the point of exhaustion where I want to burrow and hibernate and never speak to anyone. But, it's not the point of exhaustion where I never want to do theatre ever again, which is where I was at the end of last semester. I think this is a healthy exhaustion.
  • If you know much about St. John of the Cross, the idea of the dark night of the soul, St. Theresa of Avila, St. Therese of Lisieux, Mother Teresa, the theology of suffering, the ideas of religious obedience and submission particularly as practiced by those in religious orders, or extreme religious callings, we should have a conversation.
  • Listening to The King's Singer's "A Little Christmas Music - Medley a la Mozart", I realized it makes perfect sense that I love strange vocal sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment