I get my wisdom teeth removed this morning.
I greatly prefer morning surgeries, as I'm usually still so tired it takes them two seconds to put me to sleep. And I am actually not dreading the experience. I think I'll be fine. My body tends to recover well. The greatest unknown for me is the drugs, because of my synaesthesia, which goes INSANE when put in an altered state. (I naturally go through something I'm told is akin to an acid trip when I listen to Einstein on the Beach... I'd be terrified to see what would happen if I ACTUALLY did drugs. I did a 5 hour energy shot once and wanted to die.) So that's my biggest... concern, I guess, but it's actually less of a concern because it's such a controlled thing. It's my biggest curiosity.
(...my optimism astounds me. I'm going into oral surgery talking about my biggest curiosity?)
So yes. Prayers are appreciated. Milkshakes are also appreciated. So is Jello. My brother was up and about the next day, and we're hoping I'll be able to attend the memorial service tomorrow, but we'll see. ("I packed black clothing just in case." My mother: "Like you had to specifically pack black clothing." Me: "I packed NICE black clothing.") Hopefully I will recover speedily as I still need to finish the play proposals for next semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment