Hello, friends.
If you are at all interested in music, church, choral music, jazz, God, or things that sound AWESOME, you should be aware that BBC Radio 3 is broadcasting a JAZZ Choral Evensong on Wendesday. Information here. Times are London-times, dunno if it'll be on the website to listen later or what, but it's absolutely worth checking out. It's broadcast from St. Martin-in-the-Fields in London (which is not to be confused with St. Martin-in-the-Wall in Prague), and I was just there (literally, I'm across the street) attending that service and it was fabulous. The choir's incredible, the music is a jam, the acoustics of the room make it really lovely to sing in and listen to, the officiant and jazz band collaborate wonderfully. (Musically, think the Gospel Mass. ...though MAYBE 4 people reading this blog know the Gospel Mass, so perhaps that's not the best comparison to make. Similar to the Canticle of Brother Sun from the Missa Gaia? Oh, wait, same maybe 4 people know that one...)
Check it out. I ran over there and caught it after attending Choral Evensong at Westminster Abbey. (Because I am an Evensong whore. Clearly.)
Fall break has been incredible, but more on that when I'm back in Africa. (Flying back tomorrow.)
No comments:
Post a Comment