- Went to the Makola Market. HUGE HUGE HUGE market.
- Bought a total of 7 yards of fabric. Three different designs. One will definitely become a dress, the others probably shirts or skirts.
- Went to an artist market.
- HAGGLED for the first time in my life. Rather successfully, too. Two masks for ten cedi.
- Spoke in Twi on the streets. (The moment I said "Meka Twi kakra," I immediately made friends for life. There's something to be said for an obroni speaking Twi.)
- Was taught the Ghanaian snap handshake.
- Met a very cute baby named "Prince".
- Was given two phone numbers.
- Went to a Durbar for International Students at the University of Ghana, where there was an African Dance performance and a rendition of "His Eye Is On The Sparrow".
- Freaked out with Candis when we could hear the drum breaks.
- Felt a little Spring All-School-ish.
- Learned some Ghanaian African Dance.
- DANCED DANCED DANCED DANCED DANCED.
- Walked back to the bus and heard God's laugh; not the quiet chuckle I'm used to, but the big, booming, celebratory laughter that echoes in the trees.
You hear its sound, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going. That's the way it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Here's to the night
Today, I:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OK. What does "Meka Twi kakra" mean?
ReplyDelete